Mittwoch, 2. September 2020



Part 7

and nothing has changed till today, nothing is important to people

I can understand if people want to live well but I just can’t accept this total opportunism

and that is exactly what the people around me, my relatives, my grandmother, my parents expected me to do: not to rebel, to integrate without questioning

maybe, one would say, it’s easy to talk like this living in Europe

these people are right

but even in Europe, the people are the same

here in Europe, they would have the possibility to rebel and ask questions, but they don’t do it

sometimes, I feel very lonely among all these opportunists

x

there in the mountains, I caught fish in the small lake, made a kind of syrup of wild oranges

sometimes, I went on excursions to the other valleys around

there was an old orange tree in the next valley

the branches of an orange tree have to be cut regularly, otherwise there is too much fruit and they don’t get enough sugar so they are very bitter

I cut these oranges into half, pressed them, mixed the syrup with sugar and then with water

X

very interesting, reading books, for the first time in my life, I really liked books

I had not much to do there in the mountains

and sometimes when I had to go to the city to buy eggs, cigarettes and things like that, I also looked around to get books

x

I began to miss music a bit as well

a dream was born in those month

if I will ever have a flat again, a place of my own, there will be many books and music

and then, I left the valley

only 30 years later, I could make that dream come true

x

but how should I make this dream come true without integrating too much into this kind of society?

how should I do this without getting involved too much in this mud of opportunism and lack of principles

somehow, I’ve still not answered this question

I’m still a rebel and outcast

x

I thought maybe, I had to leave Europe and Africa was very close

I didn’t know much about that continent, only what I had seen on TV or read in the newspapers

at the very beginning of my voyage in France, I had had a very strange experience about different cultures

at that time I didn’t speak French at all

a northern African told me “Viens!” (Come!) and moved his hand downwards

now, in Europe, we move our hand upwards and say: “Come!” which means = Come up to me

so I could neither understand his speech nor his gesticulation

x

China produces goods in different quality

there are goods for the rich industrialized countries, then for countries like eastern or southern Europe and third class products for Africa, India and southern America

the goods for third world countries are mostly cheap imitations of bad quality

Imagine a T-shirt or sports shoes with an inscription of Puma, Nike which are, of course, not the same quality

the U.S.A. had used Africa as a kind of dustbin

one would have thought China still being a kind of third world country herself would behave a bit different because of solidarity, but China sometimes behaves even worse

x

when I went to Africa for the first time, I wasn’t rich

so I had my dinners in restaurants of normal local people

I went to the local baths where there were no tourists

the local people didn’t pay much attention to me, I wasn’t a wallet full of money for them

and I didn’t behave like normal, rich, European tourists

x

when I arrived in northern Africa, of course, I didn’t expect people riding on camels

but I wanted to see what normal tourists don’t see

so I went to a kind of bazar, which was not made for tourists

everywhere in Europe second hand clothes are collected for poor people, and not only for poor Europeans but as well for other continents

one of those busy collectors is the Red Cross, which is a Christian organization

when I entered the bazar for local people there, a big place in the middle caught my eyes

clothes from Europe were sold there, alms from the Red Cross









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen